Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And the war begins


So I officially hate English courses. I wasn't so fond of them in the beginning, but this semester really took me over the edge. I realized that I hate writing, not completely, just on an academic level. And my professor is horrible. She assigned us a research paper about 2-3 weeks ago. She gave us some topics that we could choose from, but she also gave the option to choose our own topic as long as she approves it. So my first topic was going to be on the ethics of animal testing. But being the a-hole that my teacher is she decided to reject it because apparently she has a soft spot for animals and doesn't want to read anything that would make her cringe or feel bad for them. And at first I was ok with it because there was also two other people in the class to change their topic because it had to do with some type of animal cruelty. So then I decided to do my paper on the love life of Zeus in mythology and how it affected his role as a god. Firstly, I didn't get my topic approved by her immediately, which was my fault. So I just began writing on it and by the time it was time to hand a draft in she read my paper but told me that I couldn't do a topic that she didn't approve. She also said that she doesn't think that I can go anywhere with this topic. By this time I am pissed. But instead I tried to play nice and just change my topic again. She went over a list of approved topics and all of them were extremely boring. So I eventually chose a topic that she approved of, but then she told me that I couldn't write on that topic because someone in another class was doing it. I don't really see why that matters, we are in two different classes. By this time I just wanted to get out of this class asap, I don't want to deal with this woman for the rest of the semester. So now I chose another topic from her list that she better approve of. Tomorrow for class we are suppose to have our first two points of the paper drafted already, but I technically still don't have a topic. If she doesn't excuse me for the assignment I think I'm going to go off on her. I am so done with English course, English professors, and writing papers after this class. I HATE ENGLISH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment